UPDATE - 31 July 2020
Today, the First Minister has updated changes for Social Distancing in Wales which no longer requires children under 11 to distance from adults. Adults do however still need to distance from each other.
As a result, we are making the following changes to our Guidance ahead of September.
1. Children will be able to mix at lunch time and break time. They will not need to be staggered, nor will children need to remain in bubbles. There will however be temporary changes around timings as a result of a temporary reduced sized yard due to building work.
2. Our Staff will not need to distance themselves from Pupils which means that Pupils can again resume their usual learning activities working in groups with their class teacher.
3. Intervention groups will resume
4. Cloakrooms/storage areas will reopen for Pupils to use, but we are asking that Pupils only bring a draw string type bag and not large back packs at this time.
5. The hall will remain out of use at this time, therefore arrangements regarding assembly, PE and lunchtime will remain in place.
Staggered start and finish times will stay in place as this is for the benefit of Parents/Carers, rather than for Pupils. This will not be lifted until social distancing is lifted for adults.
All other measures will remain in place. These can be found in our 'Starting in September' guidance document;-
We will continue to keep you updated.
Update - 9th August 2020
Please note that our water fountains will be returning for use by Pupils in September, allowing Pupils to have access to water during the school day.
Water bottles MUST be wide necked so that they do not touch the water dispenser nozzles and MUST have a coverable mouthpiece.
There are a wide range available though we will not allow flask type/chilli style screw top bottles as these are too tall and narrow for our machines.
School waterbottles which are wide necked and coverable are available at £2.00 should you wish to purchase one.
All other measures remain in place.
Update - 11th August 2020
SEPTEMBER - FACE COVERINGS
When returning in September, Pupils are not required to wear face coverings. However, should you decide that your child is to wear a face covering when coming to, and leaving school they must be REUSEABLE. Disposable masks (such as the blue medical masks) are not allowed, and cannot be disposed of in school bins.
If a child is wearing a face covering, they should be taught at home about how to remove them safely before coming to school.
Children must be instructed not to touch the front of their face covering during use or when removing them. They must sanitise their hands immediately on arrival at school (as is the case for all learners), and place reusable face coverings in a plastic bag which they can take home with them, and then wash their hands again before heading to their classroom.
Again - it is not expected that children will need face coverings when coming to school and face coverings will not be allowed to be worn once in the school building.
We do still recommend that Parents/Carers consider wearing face coverings when bringing/collecting their children, due to the numbers of other Parents/Carers who will be present.