At Trelewis Primary School, we are required to hold a range of information about your child in order to support them during their time with us. This is for a variety of different reasons including supporting individual needs, monitoring the progress of individual pupils and securing the safety of our pupils.
The safe processing and ongoing protection of your child's personal information is a part of our aim of establishing effective Safeguarding processes. As a Public Body, holding Personal information on our pupils, we have a number of processes in place to ensure that the guidance outlined in the GDPR (2018) is fully implemented within the running of our school.
As a school, there are 6 principles that we stand by when processing any pupil information. As a school we will ensure that all information held about your child is;
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We will always aim to provide you with clear and transparent information about the processing of your child's information.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. These purposes will only ever be for educational purposes, supporting your child's ongoing progress. No information that you provide will be processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. (Further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall, in accordance with Article 89(1), not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes (‘purpose limitation’);
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary. We will only ever require the minimum amount of Pupil information necessary for the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimisation’);
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. Working alongside Parents/Carers, every reasonable step will be taken to ensure that the information held by the school is up to date and accurate. Where personal data held by the school is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, the school will ensure that this information is erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary. The majority of Pupil information is stored digitally on our secure network, and is kept by the school for the duration of your child's time at our school. This data will only be kept for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. (Personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by this Regulation in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject (‘storage limitation’);
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data. The security of your child's information is a priority for us when processing any data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
For further information about the information we hold, why the school requires this information and what the school does with this information, please read the 'Your Child's Data' document below. You will also find a range of other useful information, regarding the processing of your child's personal information, in the links below.